- We will provide on-site access to databases and other materials to help you during your visit.
- The library's Online Databases and Digital Archives can help you with your genealogy research.
- You are encouraged to call us first before making a trip to the library.
- Reference staff will help you determine if the library's collection contains the material needed for your research.
- Limited quick searches are offered for those unable to travel to the library in person.
- Huron Public Library staff does not do in-depth family history research.
South Dakota Room Collection
- Huron newspaper on microfilm (19 July 1883 - present). NOTE: Newspapers are not indexed.
- Huron High School Yearbooks
- Huron College / Huron University Annuals
- City of Huron Directories
- Huron Area Telephone Books
- Beadle County Directories
- Family History Files
- McEwen Township Books
- McEwen Pioneer Books
- Black and white - $ 0.15 per page
- Balck and white - $ 0.15 per page
- Color - $ 0.25 per page
Not Available at the Library
- Baptismal records
- Cemetery records
- Land records
Please contact the South Dakota Department of Health for information on ordering birth, marriage, divorce, and death records. The Department charges a $15 fee per certified or informational copy of birth, death, marriage, or divorce record, verification, or notification of record searched.
For land records contact the Beadle County Register of Deed.